Other Fly Fishing Trout Websites
Below you will find links and brief descriptions for some of my favorite Wisconsin
fly fishing for trout web sites that are worth visiting. (Any fly shops I refer
to below I have personally been too and I highly recommend.) I have also included
website links to my favorite fly fishing shops on the Henry's Fork, ID and Madison River, MT.
Links to other Wisconsin Fly Fishing for Trout
- Fly Patterns For Trout - a diiscussion of fly patterns and tactics for catching trout.
- Troutnut.com - Jason Neuswanger is
a true trout nut! (I also think he is a photo nut!) He has a spectacular entomology
web site covering most of the Midwest and Eastern aquatic insects and trout streams. His digital photos of various aquatic insects are awesome!.
- the Chicago Trout Bum - a nice blog keeping you up to date on his trout fishing in Wisconsin and Upper Midwest.
- Wisconsin Trout Unlimited - website for Wisconsin Trout Unlimited.
- Wild Rivers Chapter Trout Unlimited - the website for the Northwest Wisconsin Chapter of Trout Unlimted.
- Winona Fly Factory - the
fly fishing adventures of an avid fly fisherman from Winona, Minnesota.
Link to Custom Bamboo Fly Rod Makers
- Custom Bamboo Fly Rods by Dennis Stone - if you are looking to have a high quality, custom bamboo fly rod built for you in any of the famous classic rod tapers Dennis Stone does amazing work! He is honest and his bamboo fly rods are stunning looking. Dennis Stone also offers bamboo fly rod blanks designed to your specification, as well as doing exceptional bamboo fly rod repairs.
Wisconsin Trout Stream Maps & Stream Classifications
Wisconsin is blessed with approximately 10,630 miles of trout streams, which
broken down into 3 different classifications (I, II, & III)..
Wisconsin Inland Trout Fishing Regulations
Links to Aquatic Entomology web sites
Links to some of my Favorite Fly Shops
- Trout Hunter of the Henry's Fork - is a full service fly fishing outfitter and fly shop on the famous Henry's Fork of the Snake River in Southeastern Idaho. The web site includes tips and Island Park area information.
- West Yellowstone Fly Shop - this is the best place on the
Internet to buy Whiting dry fly hackle necks,
other game bird necks, saddle hackle and dubbing for fly tying.
- Campfire Lodge Resort,
West Yellowstone Lodge - a great place to stay and fish the
famous Madison River near West Yellowstone, MT. Campfire Lodge Resort has
housekeeping cabins for rent, camp sites, RV Park and a Cafe for breakfast
and lunch. Also, has a wonderful fly fishing shop.
- Mike Lawson's Henry's Forks Anglers - when ever I think of Henry's Fork of the Snake River in Last Chance, Idaho I do think of Mike Lawson. From the Railroad Ranch to the Box Canyon or the Park, Mike Lawson's fly shop is worth a visit.